I recently purchased a refurbed Gateway LX 6810 Desktop PC on a pretty sweet deal <500. I’m not a fan of buying a built desktop, but this one had a lot of great components and a few features I was looking for:
- Nvidia GT120 Graphics Card with 1gb video RAM. DVI, CRT, and HDMI output.
- Intel Quad Core processor
- 8gb RAM
- HD TV Tuner Card
- 7.1 Dolby surround
- Built in memory-card reader
- Free 64-bit Windows 7 upgrade
- Slick looking case (living room friendly)
- Keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc..
Anyway, the one thing it is lacking are case fans. There are 0 when you buy it. There is a CPU fan and a fan on the video card, but thats it. If you buy this computer, you will need to install at least one 120mm fan in the back of the case… I recommend adding an 80mm in the lower front. It will cost you about $15 and 10 min, but it will save you all the trouble an overheated PC offers.